Re: /etc/mon.cf and xyz.alert for Virtual Server?

To: John Connett <jrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: /etc/mon.cf and xyz.alert for Virtual Server?
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:00:37 +0200
On 1999-07-07T10:09:00,
   John Connett <jrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> I have produced an xyz.monitor (using an xyz.ping) which appears to have
> the desired behaviour but I am uncertain about suitable time values for
> "alertevery", "upalertafter", and similar.  I would like the "alert" to
> delete the failing server and the "upalert" to add the restarted server
> to the configuration using ipvsadm.  Once I have a working example I
> will be able to tune it for my particular service.

Thats not perfectly true.

You are right: The alert will delete the failed server. However, you only get
an upalert if _the whole hostgroup_ comes up again, so you will not get a
single server added back in if one is still down.

I am currently working with Jim to fix those issues. Main problem is that mon
keeps a per hostgroup status instead of a per host status. Doing this right is
a perfect time to fix some other things within mon, so don't expect something
too soon. ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
Lars Marowsky-Brée
Network Management

teuto.net Netzdienste GmbH - DPN Verbund-Partner