BUG or FEATURE? [ Re: ipvs-0.7 for kernel 2.2.10 released ]

To: "Wensong Zhang" <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: BUG or FEATURE? [ Re: ipvs-0.7 for kernel 2.2.10 released ]
From: "Ted Pavlic" <tpavlic_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 15:43:58 -0400
Is this a bug or a feature of the PCC scheduling...

A person connects to the virtual server, gets direct routed to a machine.
Before the time set to expire persistent connections, that real machine
dies. mon sees that the machine died, and deletes the real server entries
until it comes back up.

But now that same person tries to connect to the virtual server again, and
PCC *STILL* schedules them for the non-existent real server that is
currently down. Is that a feature? I mean -- I can see how it would be good
for small outages... so that a machine could come back up really quick and
keep serving its old requests... YET... For long outages those particular
people will have no luck.

? Bug or feature?

All the best --
Ted