Re: Okay, it happened again. (incredible expire times)

To: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Okay, it happened again. (incredible expire times)
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:32:32 +0200
On 1999-08-29T08:49:18,
   Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>       Please, upgrade to patch-2.2.12-final.gz (588847)
>
>       Or at least to patch-2.2.12pre8.gz. There is a known bug with vs
> table.

I just checked, it is running the -final.

> If Yes,
> #define CONFIG_IP_MASQ_DEBUG in /usr/src/linux/include/linux/config.h

Neat option. How much debug output am I to expect? These are production
systems, I can't play around like I want.

The impact of the tons of masquerading entries isn't that bad, since the
machines are PII 400 with 128MB RAM. It is just that I would like to track it
down.

> Are You experience tcp checksum problems ?

Not that it logged any. It may be possible though.

> If Yes, there is a known bug with the entries when packet with bad
> checksum arrives. This and other problems will be solved in the next LVS
> release :)

Great ;-) Do you have any information on when to expect it? This is the first
I hear about it, and I _have_ been watching it very closely ;-) Maybe some of
the private communications going on could be moved to the mailing list?

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
Lars Marowsky-Brée
Network Management

teuto.net Netzdienste GmbH - DPN Verbund-Partner