The IPVS patch v0.8 for 2.2.12 available

To: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: The IPVS patch v0.8 for 2.2.12 available
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 22:09:17 +0800
Hi,

The IPVS patch v0.8 for 2.2.12 is available at
        http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/ipvs-0.8-2.2.12.tar.gz

The changes are as follows:
-   Added the persistent port feature.
    Users can specify whether the virtual service port is persistent or
    not. It is more flexible. The original PCC scheduling is removed.

-   Added the dest server status checking.
    The server status is checked before forwording a packet. If the
    server is not available(down or put out of service), the packet
    will be dropped and the client will be notified immediately.
    The server status is also checked while generating a masq entry
    based on the masq template. If not available, the new entry won't
    be created.

-   Added some code in ip_masq_ftp.c to handle virtual FTP service for
    VS-NAT. The passive handling code in ip_masq_ftp.c never works.

-   Fixed stepping to mSR after SYN in INPUT_ONLY table.
    Thank Julian Anastasov for doing it. It make much much harder that
    a LinuxDirector is synflooded to run out of memory.

-   Fixed huge masq expire bug for after bad checksum.
    Thank Julian Anastasov for fixing it.

-   Added the IP_MASQ_F_VS_INACTIVE flag and fixed the connection
counter
    Thank Julian Anastasov for the suggestion and fix example.

-   Fixed the incorrect lookup in hash table.
    The ms=NULL statement was forgot if no entry is found, this makes
    the incorrect lookup, which may lead to huge masq expire.
    Stupid mistake, but the result is serious.

-   Fixed the incorrect slow timer vector layout
    Correct layout and more efficient to use memory.

-   Fixed the bug of slow timer being added twice for masq template

Note that I don't get time to fully test this patch. Please let me
know if there is any problem. Thanks!

Enjoy,

Wensong

BTW, the lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx doesn't work very well
now. So, we are not hurry to move the mailing list now. Lars
is going to use qmail+ezmlm to run the list. We move to it later
after it works well. Thanks!