New mailing list (was Re: The IPVS patch v0.8)

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 19:33:41 +0200
On 1999-09-01T22:09:17,
   Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

        _IF_ you do receive only ONE copy of this mail, PLEASE resubscribe to
        lvs-users-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I tried to avoid it, but it is possible your address may have been lost during
the transition.

> The IPVS patch v0.8 for 2.2.12 is available at
>       http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/ipvs-0.8-2.2.12.tar.gz

Great! I will be happy to check this out soon.

> BTW, the lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx doesn't work very well
> now. So, we are not hurry to move the mailing list now. Lars
> is going to use qmail+ezmlm to run the list. We move to it later
> after it works well. Thanks!

Okay, majordomo was behaving like utter crap, to put it mildly, and sendmail's
queuing wasn't any help, even using bulk mailer. In the past, I have had very
good success using ezmlm-idx & qmail, so I set up a system which is able to
actually host mailing lists at a proper speed.

"lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is now up and running.

There _is_ one user visible change: Subscribe requests go to
"lvs-users-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" instead of talking to a

For more information about what ezmlm offers (mailing list archive retrieval
etc), please send mail to "lvs-users-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but just to show you the difference in
turn-around times, I am CC'ing this to both the new and the old list. (And
this is also a good test whether I didn't fuck up at all)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
Lars Marowsky-Brée
Network Management

teuto.net Netzdienste GmbH - DPN Verbund-Partner