Re: About persistence and HTTP

To: Jérôme RICHARD <jrichard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: About persistence and HTTP
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Stephen D. WIlliams" <sdw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 00:09:16 +0000
iPivot has had this for at least 1.5 years....

While Resonate was interesting, their model required custom TCP/network stack
drivers which they only had for NT and Solaris.  As I remember it was
essentially equivalent to LinuxDirector/TUN.

sdw

Jérôme RICHARD wrote:

> A little information : Resonate is working on solution based on cookies
> to resolve the problem of persistence when the browsers are masqueraded.
>
> The director identifie each browser with a cookie so it can dispatch
> them without taking care of the IP address.
> Of course, this solution work only with HTTP. This new feature will be
> included in the v3.0 of Resonate Central Dispatch.
>
> jerome richard
> Virtual-Net.

sdw

--
OptimaLogic - Finding Optimal Solutions     Web/Crypto/OO/Unix/Comm/Video/DBMS
sdw@xxxxxxx   Stephen D. Williams  Senior Consultant/Architect   http://sdw.st