Re: why can VS-DR work?

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: why can VS-DR work?
Cc: Michael Sparks <michael.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>, Linux Virtual Servers Mailling List <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Sparks <michael.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:25:09 +0100 (BST)
On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Joseph Mack wrote:
> mode (from Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>)
>
> Solaris 2.5.1, 2.6, 2.7
> Linux (of course): 2.0.36, 2.2.9, 2.2.10, 2.2.12
> FreeBSD 3.1, 3.2, 3,3!!!

Hmm.. Still can't get this to work - though I haven't spent much time on
it yet. I think my problem with FreeBSD comes from the fact that some
of the commands are slightly different and my background is in Linux not
FreeBSD, so I'm not really sure what the BSD equivalents are... (Hmm this
reminds me a bit of Krytens comments in Red Dwarf about being able to fly
Starbug 1 by not Starbug 2 even through they're identical :-)

Ratz,

If you get a chance any pointers you may have on configuring FreeBSD to
work in VS-DR would be *very* much appreciated.

In the meantime I'll have another wander through the archive to see if
there's anything there an if not keep trying until I get it to work :-)

Michael.
--
National & Local Web Cache Support        R: G117
Manchester Computing                      T: 0161 275 7195