Re: Filesystems

To: zas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Filesystems
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Emmanuel Anne <emanne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:50:11 +0100 (CET)
On 22-Dec-1999 zas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm interesting in lvs servers too :)
> But your questions are identical to mine :
>
> Is there a good way to share files ?
>
> What about using local rsync between web servers ?
> Coda is under development ( and resource expensive ) , nfs
> out-of-question, other distributed file systems projects need more
> testing.

A way to explore : http://www.globalfilesystem.com/
On NFS it seems that last version is very fast, and it can be a solution if
configured in RAID4... (see posting from Mark Kolb on this list).

> About logging, can web servers write to the same file ? But where to put
> these global logs ? I think it is not a good idea ( nor possible in a
> slow network ) .
> the only way i see is to periodically concatenate all logs files and
> make analysis on that.

If your web processor verifies the dates, too bad for you ! It will find a date
before the date it just processed, and ignore it !