Using LVS for an high performance database

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Using LVS for an high performance database
From: Markus Bernhardt <mbernhardt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:22:29 +0100
Hello

Our szenario:
    We have to store 400GB+ in a self written database.
    Main problem is indexing. We need 10 - 15 GB of RAM.
    There is not enough money to by an S/390.
    We want to use Linux.

Our idea:
    We splitt the data in smaller portions and distibute them on several
machines with 1-2GB RAM.
    Then we are using LVS to present it external as one server.

Our question:
    Is it a good idea, to use the scheduler to analyse a small portion
of the request
    (it has to analyze, which portion of data is needed)
    before it redirects the packages to the real servers ?