RE: [lvs-users] VS-NAT on one net (was: IPVS Benchmarking)

To: Ray Bellis <rpb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [lvs-users] VS-NAT on one net (was: IPVS Benchmarking)
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:28:49 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Ray Bellis wrote:

> > Hi Ray,
> >
> >     Just tried setting up a VS-NAT with the client/VIP/RIP on the same
> > net. The default gw of the realserver is the VIP. Redirects are turned off
> > (I hope, 3 of them in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/*directs) on each of
> > the client,director and realserver.
>
> I think you may have misunderstood my previous messages.
>
> On my system the VIP and RIP aren't on the same *physical* network, just on
> the same *logical* subnet.
>
> I still have a dual-ethernet box acting as a director, and the VIP is
> installed as an alias interface on the external side of the director, even
> though the IP address it has is in fact assigned from the same subnet as the
> machines on the internal side of the director.

oh

If the redirects are turned off and the default route of the realservers
was the director, I would have thought a one network VS-NAT LVS should
work.

Any ideas anyone on how to make packets from the realservers go via the
director when the whole LVS is on the same piece of wire, with the VIP and
the RIPs on the same network?

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx