Re: LV-DR and Packet rewriting?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LV-DR and Packet rewriting?
From: Kyle Sparger <ksparger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 05:26:17 -0500 (EST)
Jeremy (and everyone else),

I don't know if someone has gone over this, but here's a consideration
I've come across when setting up LVS in DR mode:

When the real servers reply, cisco routers (ours do, at least) will
pick up on the fact that it's replying from a different MAC address, and
will start arping soon thereafter.  This is sub-optimal, as it causes a
constant flood of arp requests on the network.  Our solution has been to
hardcode the MAC address into the router, but this can cause other issues,
for example during failover.  That can be worked around, as you can set
the MAC address on most cards, but that in itself may cause other issues.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Has anyone else come up with a better
solution than hardcoding it into the router?

Kyle Sparger