Re: poor performance using hidden arp method

To: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: poor performance using hidden arp method
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 08:34:49 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> I noticed very poor performance using the hiddne arp methods with
> Linux.  Basically I followed the web page example exactly, and it did
> work, but response was very slow.  I switch to using the redirect ipchains
> method and it was fine.
>
> I want to make sure I didn't do anything wrong though.

        Nothing is wrong in your LVS configuration.

> IP Virtual Server version 0.9.8 (size=8192)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port          Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  imp.xxx.com:smtp wlc
>   -> imp3.xxx.com:smtp        Route   10     0          1

        Did you read the LVS HOWTO? There is a hint to clear the
ident timeout in /etc/sendmail.cf. From the HOWTO:

identd problems:
Sendmail can't use identd when running on an LVS.

Edit your sendmail.cf file and set the value
Timeout.ident=0

        Is this problem solved?

Regards

--