Re: Pirana and popt

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Pirana and popt
Cc: Linux Virtual Server MList <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Xavier Beaudouin <xbeaudouin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:38:52 +0200 (CET)
Le Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Joseph Mack a écrit :

> Xavier Beaudouin wrote:
> >
> > my debian 2.1 system which is glibc 2.0 based.
>
> finding popt for glibc-2.0 is one problem but the
> greater problem is that you are running glibc-2.0.
>
> glibc-2.0 was experimental and not meant for production. You were

Yes I know... glibc-2.0 *is* buggy... And really I *should* upgrade... But
I am really too lazy to upgrade my deb to 2.1 and I'm just waiting the
release of debian 2.2 (which is 2.1).
The main problem is : I love debian (I don't want to star distributions
war, so...) and I really like to use it as my lvs system... So since
piranha should be a good tool for my colleague to help them to use lvs
with ease since some of them are NT people and really hate commands
line... ;-(

Also the another reason I'm asking about popt source is that I am a bit
paranoid, and I don't like too much use binaries package than install
somewhere I don't want to... ;-))

/Xavier

--
Xavier Beaudouin