Using SSL for session persistance

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Using SSL for session persistance
From: Fredrik Öhrström <foh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 11:47:15 +0200 (CEST)
I am developing an interactive site where LVS would be of great use.
The site is interactive and caches the users state on each server.
Because of that I would like to have persistant sessions. Port based
session persistance does not always work if the user is behind a
masquearading firewall for example.

Is it possible to use the SSL session id to know which server a request
should go to? I guess that maybe one needs to modify the
webservers to generate unique SSL session ids inside the server group.

Best regards
Fredrik Ohrstrom

(Please cc to my email-address since I have not yet been
acknowledged on the mailinglist.)