Some fixes and features to piranha

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Some fixes and features to piranha
From: Flavio Pescuma <edtfopa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:23:01 +0200
Hi

Piranha 0.4-12 didn't have some features that we needed and had some
bugs too.  Specially signaling between parents and children, here is a
patch that fixes this.  We also needed to be able to edit the weight
dynamically, so I suppressed the uptime check and instead if you send a
hup to pulse or lvs it will reread the config file and if the weight has
being changed it will send it to nanny via a pipe I created and nanny
will call ipvsadm with -e and edit the weight. I also created a nasty c
program called create_lvs which reads two files
/etc/sysconfig/lvs_global.cf and  /etc/sysconfig/ipvs.cf and creates
lvs.cf with some error check this was meant for split administration and
better integration to our web interface.  IPchains is called from lvs,
adds and deletes rules dynamically from a user created chain called
ipvsin.  Well I hope is useful for someone

Thanks,

Flavio
--
WIRE - Web & Internet Resources at Ericsson
Flavio Pescuma           phone: +46 (0)8 7263359