Re: Can LVS control which IP address it using?

To: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Can LVS control which IP address it using?
Cc: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux Virtual Server <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:33:03 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> > Is there easy way to let the server in NAT mode
> > to go out as the farm IP address?
>
> No. This is a limitation in the 2.2 masquerading code. It will always use the
> first address on the interface.

Are you implying that this will change with 2.4?

Packets coming from the RIP rather than the VIP is behind the identd
problem with sendmail and tcpwrappers (for telnet, ftp). What if
we put the VIP on (a non-arp'ing) eth0 on the realservers and put
the RIP on (an arp'ing) eth1. This would add about $20 to the cost of
each realserver, which isn't a big deal. Then we'd have to handle
affinity between identd and sendmail etc.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx