Re: Redhat6.1 and DR via the director itself.

To: Stephen Zander <gibreel@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Redhat6.1 and DR via the director itself.
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 19:56:03 -0700
On 2000-05-11T19:37:06,
   Stephen Zander <gibreel@xxxxxxxxx> said:

> Ah. So you trade configuration of interfaces on a director for
> configuration of static routes in your router fabric or configuration
> of interfaces on your realservers and dynamic updating of the router
> fabric (assuming that all traffic outbound from the realservers go
> through the director).

When using the LVS box as a firewall/router (which is exactly the situation
where you would otherwise run into the "return packets from Mars" problem),
you have to do that anyway - the fwmark technique is a perfectly adequate
solution here which doesn't cost anything.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>
    Development HA

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl