Re: Incomming ftp packets appear on eth1(VIP)but none on eth0 of direct

To: catls <catls@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Incomming ftp packets appear on eth1(VIP)but none on eth0 of director
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 08:50:25 -0400
catls wrote:

> With reference to my previous posting(RedHat 6.1 kernel 2.2.12 and DR).
> I am trying to implement Direct routing with the realservers sending
> packets via the director itself.
>
> Ftp packets are arriving at eth1 of director but are not being transferred
> to eth0 on the director.Tcpdump on the realservers eth0 card also shows no
> ftp packets arriving.?

I don't see any replies to this, so incase this hasn't been covered...

You can't send packets to the director from a realserver in standard VS-DR
mode. The packet arriving at the director from the realserver has src=VIP.
The director also has a device with IP=VIP and drops the packet. This sort
of packet is called a source martian. Julian has posted a patch to get
around this.