Re: fwmark questions.

To: "Thomas A. Morris" <morrist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: fwmark questions.
Cc: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:00:46 -0700
On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 07:54:40AM -0400, Thomas A. Morris wrote:
> I could only get it to work if I used  eth0:0 instead of lo:0 for the virtual
> server interface.  I posted a question about the reason for usiing lo:0, but
> nobody has yet responded. I'm using the latest patches on 2.2.15 kernel.

If the addresses that are covered by the fwmark rules and hence the
ipalias (on lo:0) are routed to the LVS host then you don't need
to put this on the ethernet interface. Otherwise you will need to
put this on the ethernet interface. I believe that in this case
you will need one IP alias on an ethernet interace per VIP. This
becomes a little tedious if you have more than one VIP.

--
Horms