Re: SSL configuration question

To: kxm@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SSL configuration question
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Keith Barrett <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:30:34 -0400
Kaz Morishita wrote:

> I am experimenting with LVS and haven't been able to figure out
> how to make SSL to work.

The problem with SSL is that if you enable it correctly (with
passwords), then when you execute the start script it interactively
asks you for a password before starting the product. This will not
work with piranha, and the result is often that the startup
runs in an infinate loop.

There are only 2 solutions currently, and they both involve
making the service start script NOT ask for any user input.

1. Set it up with a hard-coded password. This may be tricky,
   as file input redirection will not work for SSL.

2. Set it up with no password.

This is bwing looked at as a problem needing a better solution.
If you (or anyone) happens to come up with a patch that
makes piranha handle an interactive startup script, I'd
be happy to look at it :-).

--

Keith Barrett
Red Hat Inc. HA Team