Re: What means of the active and inactive connections

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: What means of the active and inactive connections
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:54:53 -0700
On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 12:27:44PM +0300, Julian Anastasov wrote:

>       Hello,
>
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Horms wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 04:09:44PM +0800, Wang Haiguang wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello, everyone.
> > >
> > > What means of the active and inactive connections
> > > in LVS.
> >
> > There is a detailed explinatinon by Julian in the mailing list archive.
> > I couldn't locate it, but the information is also in the message
> > found at:
> >
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=96059039804950&w=2
> >
> > --
> > Horms
>
>       I can confirm it. It is at:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=95076704819697&w=2
>
>       Hm, may be we have to put more info on the web page about
> some LVS internals.

I have been thinking for a while now that we should put together an
LVS FAQ as well.

We could put things like.
  * The difference between inactive and active connections.
  * Information on incompatible versions of LVS and ipvsadm.
  * Information on using fwmark support for "wildcard" virtual services.

I'm sure there are a few other questions that come up on a regular basis
that could go in too.

I would be happy to coordinate the FAQ, perhaps a good begining would
be to hammer out what should go in on the list and then I can go away
and fill in the gaps... and then come back and ask the answer to the
questions I can't answer.

--
Horms