Re: sigpending lied

To: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: sigpending lied
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Andrew Park <apark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:43:36 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Julian Anastasov wrote:

>       Hello,
>
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Andrew Park wrote:
>
> > I get
> >
> >     SIG: sigpending lied
> >
> > when I compile in lvs support.  Is there a fix?  Or can someone explain
> > under what circumstances it happens?
> > Thanks
>
>       This is printed from linux/kernel/signal.c
>
>       What is the kernel version? Make more tests. May be you
> exploit another bug. How many times is printed this message?

Kernel version is 2.2.16.  I found the place where it prints the message
too, but just do not know when it falls into that routine.  I asked this
on lk list as well, but no one responded - this means either 1) they
don't know, 2) they know, but too extensive to explain.
If anyone on this mailing list is having no trouble with lvs patched on
a 2.2.16 kernel, then please let me know.  That way I can narrow things
down a bit.  BTW, I am using kernel-2.2.16 from kernel.org, although
I have a RedHat box, I'm not using their source to compile my kernel.
Thanks

P.S.  : I'm getting a feeling that this might be NFS related.  That
        message always pops up when NFS related actions take place
        (i.e. ls on a NFS mounted directory, etc.), but I can't say it
        for sure.

Andrew Park

CDFlab Systems Administrator                       www.cdf.utoronto.ca |
Team BlueShirt Developer                             www.blueshirt.org |