Announce ldirectord version 1.16

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'linux-ha@xxxxxx'" <linux-ha@xxxxxx>
Subject: Announce ldirectord version 1.16
From: "Rief, Jacob" <Jacob.Rief@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:53:38 +0200
I would like to announce ldirectod version 1.16.
This release includes lots of patches from Horms:

revision 1.15
  * Allow ranges of addresses to specify real servers

revision 1.16
  * Documented the login and passwd direcives that are used
    in conjunction with ftp services.
  * Moved loging funcionality to ldirectord_log, so it will be
    easier to maintain uniform loging. At the moment the
    management of opening and closing the log file is very primative
    but should be ok given that ldirectord's logging isn't very verbose.
  * Moved bringing up and down failback servers into functions to
    avoid code duplication and make things easier to maintain.
  * Added the ability to specify a failback server for a virtual
    that overides the global if it is present.
  * Updated sample configs
  * Made ftp parse the output, so request and recieved directives now
    work with ftp services. As a part of this tmp files are no longer
    created when checking ftp servers which closes some potential
    security problems.
  * A blank line is no longer required between virtuals. I used a goto
    to achieve this which isn't the best, but avoided having to
    rearange large chunks of the config parsing code.
  * Where appropiate updated the in-source documentation to reflect
    these changes.

The lastest version of ldirectord can be found via cvs at
cvs.linux-ha.org:/home/cvs/linux-ha or
http://195.96.23.199/linux-ha/

Thanks,
Jacob