Re(2): IPROUTE & NAT

To: Ted Pavlic <tpavlic@xxxxxxxxxxx>(Non Receipt Notification Requested)
Subject: Re(2): IPROUTE & NAT
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>(Non Receipt Notification Requested), Receipt Notification Requested <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>(Non Receipt Notification Requested)
From: SYLVAIN.COUTANT@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:32:09 +0200
> You'll need ipchains (or ipfwadm depending on how old things are) to
> actually do the masquerading.

I don't think so.

> i.e.
>
> /sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
> /sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.16.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0 -j MASQ

Already done. That masquerade my internal network with the base adresse of my
output ethernet card.
This point is ok.

> Where 192.168.16.0/24 would be your local network.

Yes. Right.

> Be sure that forwarding is turned on on your router:
>
> echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Yes, Right.

> or...
>
> sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
>
> And you'll be set... at least with the NAT. Then use the ipvsadm, route, and
> ifconfig (like Joe said) to setup your LVS.

Yes and No.
Yes : This works for incoming connections. You're right.
No : This does not works for outgoing connections. I don't have the choice of
the output IP used to send data. My problem is to NAT OUTGOING data on more
than 10 IPs on one adapter.
                           ^^^^^^^^
The only solution I found is iproute2. I'll post on this subject once I'll have
set it up.

> All the best --
Sure ?
> Ted