Re: is it possible that struct ip_vs_service *svc is not filled up?

To: Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: is it possible that struct ip_vs_service *svc is not filled up?
Cc: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 07:24:57 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Ratz wrote:

> >         Looking in the LVS source I don't see other code before
> > IP_VS_DBG that needs to be under #ifdef CONFIG_IP_VS_DEBUG. If
> > you uncomment this code there will be extra "if (svc == NULL)" :)
>
> :) I give up, you won (:

        :))

        I agree, this is very pedantic (may be other optimizations
can save CPU cycles) but it is only one place in the source with
such #ifdefs :)

> > > nope, nothing:
> > > lb:/root # ipchains -L -n
> > > Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
> > > Chain forward (policy ACCEPT):
> > > Chain output (policy ACCEPT):
> > > lb:/root #
> >
> >         Hm, someone is overwriting memory.
>
> how about a broken memory that can't refresh
> or has some other strange problem?

        Hm, the oopses are on same place. Very strange.
But I'm not surprised. I have a hardware that sends packets
with wrong data and correct TCP checksums. I have to always
use gzip -tv :)) But seriously, we can only hope this problem
to be hardware related. Sometimes the different hardware
speed can trigger software bugs.

> >         Are they with the same kernel+modules? Very strange oops
> > to be hardware related. Could this be caused from LVS?
>
> the kernel and modules are the same on each node. But
> I can't imaging the problem resulting from LVS. Actually
> it would be easy to test (same kernel without LVS) but
> the oops come really unfrequently and absolutely unpre-
> dictable; for my at least.
>
> Anyway, I'll trash this machine and take an other one.

        Hm, OK.

> Thank you very much for trying to trace this behavior,
> I always appretiate your postings!
>
> > --
> > Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
>                     ^^^^^^^^^
>
> Did you leave uni?

        Oh, no, no. I'm not at the uni, more than two years :)
But Yes, this is my new address.

> regards,
> ratz

Regards