Taking the right decision ?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Taking the right decision ?
From: Antonio Navarro Navarro <hostmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:27:38 +0200
Hi All !

I want to set up a Fail Tolerant System with two computers running RedHat
Linux 6.2. The services that will run in the servers are : http, ftp, pop3,
smtp. I have been reading Howtos and FAQ's of LVS, Piranha, GFS, Coda,
HeartBeat, etc.... but still are unable to take a decision regarding the
applications to use for this system.

I suppose that I need to set up the two systems using heartbeat, but I
think I will need some kind of global filesystem in order to replicate the
contents of the FTP/Mail/Web Server in both servers. I don't know if LVS
will be a correct choice.. can you help me please ?

Best regards,

Antonio Navarro Navarro
BemarNet Management
http://www.bemarnet.es