Re: sending arp ...

To: "Joseph Mack" <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: sending arp ...
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "???" <conan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:05:48 +0900
Thank you for your explaination.
I have another question.

> 1. do nothing: the arp table for ethernet expires in about 90secs and
> the router will broadcast the request "who has VIP tell router" and
> the new director will reply.

Is the arp request broadcasted and reached every machine in the network ?
Isn't there any device, switching hub for example, that intercept that
request ?
I'm testing HA in an environment where two directors are under a switching
hub.
The arp table of the router seems to be never updated after IP takeover take
place.
(Here I didn't do send_arp)
I couldn't connect to the VIP for more than an hour.

Even though sending arp replies can be a solution, I wonder why the arp
table
didn't updated for so long a time.
I suspected the switching hub to be the cause of this problem, but I have no
idea.