IP alias failover problems

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IP alias failover problems
From: Brad Benson <brad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 02:02:16 -0400 (EDT)
I've got 2 linuxdirectors running heartbeat and 2 real servers behind
them.  We could be changing IP's of the virtual servers while this is
running so I need the secondary linuxdirector to bring up all the aliases
from the primary when failover occurs.  I'm using a script which calls
/etc/ha.d/rc.d/IPaddr for each alias I need.  The aliases appear to come
up fine as far as I can tell, but I can't connect to the real servers
via the secondary linuxdirector.  As soon as the primary comes back up it
takes back all the aliases and all is well, but as long as the secondary
linuxdirector is up I can't connect to any virtual servers.  All the
aliases are pingable via both linuxdirectors.

Any ideas on what might be going wrong?

Brad Benson
brad@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.spinbox.com