Re: Release new code: Scheduler for distributed caching

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Release new code: Scheduler for distributed caching
Cc: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 12:50:59 +0100 (MET)
Hi!

> As for the one in WCCP and your consistent hashing scheduler, they may
> have overloading problem, for example, requests for several big sites
> (several destination IP addresses) may be directed to one cache node, it
> can overload this cache node, while other cache nodes may stay idle.

Not any more. I have already implemented a solution for these "hot spots".
I'll do some testing and it'll hopefully released next week.

> As for the code of consistent hashing scheduler, it still needs some
> tuning. Please don't be angry. :)

:-)
Yes, I agree. I just released it for the people to play with it.
But I'm interested in improving it, so that it may become an official
part of LVS. The problem is that I have to start writing the thesis
now, and I'll be very busy till end of the year.

But maybe I have some spare time once, so I may tune it a bit.
What are you main critics?

Thomas