DR and real server on same physical host?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: DR and real server on same physical host?
From: John Cronin <jsc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 20:42:59 -0500 (EST)
Somebody asked me if there is any way to have a real server and director
share the same host.  It seems to me this would be impossible, since a
NAT to the same host doesn't seem to make sense, and an ICMP redirect to
the same host doesn't make sense.  I don't know about tunnelling, but
that probably doesn't make any sense either.  But as I got to thinking
about it, I started wondering if there was any way to do this using
multiple interfaces and some kind of convoluted configuration.

The rational is that a user has a service they want to failover, and they
go to thinking that since they have two systems, maybe they could do some
load balancing too.

--
John Cronin