Re: heartbeat and fake

To: Schiller Robert <Robert.Schiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: heartbeat and fake
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 11:36:00 -0500
On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 04:35:34PM +0100, Schiller Robert wrote:
> Hi!
>
> can anyone tell me in which file I include the fake command to take over the
> IP Address of the LVS?
>
> I use Heartbeat start lvs and mon with it by adding lvs and mon to the
> /etc/ha.d/haresource file.

Heartbeat has an IPAddr resource which largely implements the funtionality
of fake, you should use this.

> Shoud I use the /etc/rc.d/init.d/lvs script?

You can do this, alternatively you may want to use ldirectord to monitor
the real servers.

For information on using heartbeat+ldirectord+lvs see
http://ultramonkey.sourceforge.net/ .

Alternativley, Joseph Mack has done some work on using Mon with LVS.

--
Horms