Re: loggin LVS connections...

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: loggin LVS connections...
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Stephen Rowles <spr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 12:23:21 +0000
At 21:43 08/11/2000 +0000, you wrote:

        What is the client OS?

The client OS appears to be only Windows 95/98/2000 using the standard windows telnet client

> Any ideas?

Add #define CONFIG_IP_VS_DEBUG to include/linux/config.h

then

echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/debug_level

Be ready to set it to 0 :)

Are there any plans to include logging in LVS in a similar manner to the secure.log? Running a compute cluster I would find it really useful to have a log of connections, and where LVS tried to route them to.

I know it's probably not the best solution but do you think it would be reasonable to use something along the lines of:

printk("<6>connection from %d:%d routed to %d:%d",ms->saddr, ms->sport, ms->daddr, ms->dport);

in ip_vs.c
in function ip_vs_schedule(.......)

just after the masquerading entry has been created?

This should create kern.info syslog messages that could then be re-directed to a log file to keep track of new connections being made. I know for high hit rate web server clusters this might not be a good thing - but for my low connection rate compute cluster this would be a really useful facility.

Just thought I'd see what everyone thought....

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>

Steve.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage
makes you a mechanic.