Hitting the real Limits

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hitting the real Limits
From: Edward Valencia <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:14:28 -0600
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has really seen the max limits on the
directors or what the max connections that it can take. Im basically
doing research to see if this is a solution that we can use, but the
environment is different from most. The Services that will need to run
on the real servers will be http, httpsd, ftp, pop, sendmail, auth. So
you say that this is normal. Well we also have 27,000 customers(vhost
farm), and from a previous post it was said that only 4096(tcp)
connections could be established from the director going externally. The
problem is not throwing hardware at it, but will it be a solution to
place 2-4 directors(thinking compaq ds20), then place close to 30
pIII500/512mb. I haven't seen this type of environment mentioned on the
list and would like to see if anyone is doing this also. Thanks in
advanced for all that reply.

Edwardv-