Re: Hitting the real Limits

To: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hitting the real Limits
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>, edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:13:37 +0100
Hi,

> Or tunneling. I wrote hin already that I can "satisfy" up to 70000
> clients without delay on a Pentium1 (simulated with testLVS). And there,
> I think the 10MBps network is the problem, not the processor, because
> "top" shows a load of 0.14  :-)

Hmmm, does top really show the kernel space usage of a process/task?
How about kernel threads? I guess this is the value of system, isn't it?
I mean, you can't see how much 'load' the machine has for example whilst
packetfiltering.

Could someone please elaborate it a little bit more for me please (Julian)?

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@xxxxxxxxx | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`