another lvs backed site opens to the public

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: another lvs backed site opens to the public
From: Brian Edmonds <bedmonds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Nov 2000 13:46:56 -0800
We just opened http://map.net/ to the public last night.  After being
slashdotted this morning allowed me to tune our Apache http.conf files
things are humming along nicely.  The system is set up in a LVS-NAT
configuration with two load balancers (using heartbeat) and five real
servers (six as soon as I get this box on my desk out to our colo
facility).  By noon we'd already served over 1M URLs out of the cluster
without the load balancers showing noticeable load.

The site is currently IE5 only, due to the lack of a 2D vector graphics
language in Netscape, but we'll be supporting the up and coming SVG
language in the very near future.  And the 3d plugin requires a reboot,
but that's MSFT and InstallShield's fault, not our idea at all.

Brian.