more failover detail...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: more failover detail...
From: Stephen Rowles <spr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:36:54 +0000
I am running NAT LVS. This is used for a compute cluster and so has permanent connections almost 24/7.

Currently there is not redundancy / failover provision for the director, so if it dies (for whatever reason) the cluster is out of action. I know that heartbeat can be used to enable another director if the main director dies... however, what will happen to the current connections? I assume that they will be lost as the failover director will not have a list of the current connections to manage.

Is there anyway that the failover director can keep track of the current connections so that when it takes over the IP address, the LVS NAT forwarding can be taken over as well?

I know it's a long shot but I thought it was worth a try.

Steve.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage
makes you a mechanic.