Re: info on LBLC

To: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: info on LBLC
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:23:53 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> On 2000-11-16T15:52:15,
>    Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx> said:
>
> > > Where can I get the latest info on LBLC?  I see 1.0.0 was release although
> > > no links available on the web site yet.
> > I downloaded it OK this morning
>
> You two may not have used the same server, as the IP for
> www.linuxvirtualserver.org changed today ;-)
>
> It appears this change overlapped with an update by Wensong. I resync'ed the
> server. (In theory, after the DNS change propagated, the rsync would have gone
> to the _new_ server, but I rsync'ed, changed DNS, and Wensong rsync'ed new
> stuff to the server before the DNS change propagated to him ... Weird failure
> modes of the internet ;-)

Ok, it still doesn't go into any type of depth as to how to setup LBLC or
perhaps it's just not as complicated as I think.

Just guessing based on the man page explanation I'm guessing that you're
able to basically put ANY ip, whether it be on your network or some far
away place as your real server.  Is this close?  If this is the case then
I'm assuming things like DR/NAT do not apply.

Thanks
-jeremy

--
Well you should at least leave me the TV.
                        -Heather Beck