Re: Alternatives to MON

To: Michael McConnell <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Alternatives to MON
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:30:26 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Michael McConnell wrote:

> I've been using MON effectively for about a 2 months now, but I'm really
> quite sick of it and more less fed up with it. Can anyone recommend any
> alternatives, perhaps that are simpler for one to enhance on there own?

the other one is ldirectord.

Want to tell me what you don't like about mon? I'll put it in the HOWTO
to help other unsuspecting travellers if nothing else.

I use mon, but it has no way of merging failure info. If a node fails you
get notices from all the services that died along with the node

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx