Re: VS via NAT

To: RobertoMB@xxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: VS via NAT
From: "Lorn Kay" <lorn_kay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:59:08 GMT
The client computer(s) or CIPs must not be able to talk directly to the Real Servers or RIPs in a NAT configuration.

How do you know if this is how you have it setup?

Try to ping the Real Servers from the client(s) after shutting off all ICMP traffic on the Director (simply try as a test: Â?ipchains Â?FÂ? then Â?ipchains Â?p input DENYÂ? without any other input rules. If the Real Servers reply to a PING packet from your Client(s) then you know you donÂ?t have it set up properly.)

--K