Re: LVS_nat gateway?

To: iceam@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS_nat gateway?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:15:22 -0500
iceam@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have now upgraded to kernel 2.2.16. I now have the
> problem that I had before. What do I put as the default GW for my director?

the default_gw is the route for all packets not covered by the rules you've
already entered with route.
In your test setup, the client and director will already have a route to each
other. You don't need a default route
then

I only have four machines (director, 2 real servers and a client - for testing)
so I don't have another machine for the director to connect to before the
client. If I run the script rc.lvs_nat on all machines now, I can get one page
load on my client, but it won't reload.

you should not be able to ping between the client and real-servers.
If you can read the HOWTO again

If you can't and it still doesn't work, come back for more suggestions