Re: [admin] Mailing list / webserver move

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:15:59 +0100
On 2000-11-21T09:11:08,
   John Cronin <jsc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> 1) I am getting duplicate copies of just about every message

Unfortunately, due to the (pre-announced) switch over, people sent their
messages twice, because they felt it took too long for the message to go
through... This is rather difficult to fix in the software and should stop
happening now that we have reached normality ;-)

Keep in mind that with 560 subscribers, there are bound to be a few who
overreact.

> 2) Some of the messages are a few days old (Horms' response to Sparc
> query, for example, and I think Joseph's response to the database question,
> although I could be wrong about the latter).

This is not related to the mailing list software either.

> The second problem sounds like perhaps there was something left in the
> mail queue after you restored a system?  Just guessing.

I didn't restore anything - the new system is completely independant of the
old one.

> Anyway, it is not a terrible problem, but if the traffic goes up getting
> two of everything could be a problem for some.

Well, it certainly would be a problem for myself ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>
    Development HA

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl