Re: State of LVS on 2.4

To: "Pat O'Rourke" <orourke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: State of LVS on 2.4
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:42:31 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Pat O'Rourke wrote:

> I've been experimenting with LVS on 2.2 (both LVS-NAT and LVS-DR), but was
> considering moving to a 2.4 based environment.  Are there any major issues
> outstanding with running LVS in a 2.4 environment that one should be aware
> of?

        You can't use the LVS box as default router in NAT. This is the
only problem that is not solved yet. But the old ipchains binary still can
work with the netfilter's ipchains.o module to provide simple masquerading,
i.e. no ip_masq modules, etc, only outgoing connections and LVS dealing
with its own connections in both directions.

        Search for "netfilter" in the LVS mailing list:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&r=1&w=2#linux-virtual-server

> Thanks,
>
> Pat

Regards