Connections inside LVS (Who may be the client of LVS?)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Connections inside LVS (Who may be the client of LVS?)
From: "S. Effendi" <effendi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:21:53 +0100
Hi!

I'm new to this LVS :)

We've been trying to install LVS, and so far so good, cause we're able
to connect from outside the LVS, i.e. HTTP request, MySQL request and so
on, are load balanced and served as we hoped.
Our site:

[internet]
[switch1]
[router1]==heartbeat==[router2]
||                                           ||
[switch2] --+                  [switch3]--+
|          |          |                    |            |      |
[rs1] [rs2] [rs..]               [rs12]  [rs22] [rs...2]

Our VIPs are in the network:  64.39.1.x
Our IPs are in the network: 10.1.2.x

Our client (webbrowser) is able to reach our real web server from
internet.
But we have this problem:
We are using internally (inside LVS) http protocol, and some pr*p-
protocol to communicate between our realservers using "hostnames
resolved with our VIPs". We could not reach our real server from other
real server inside the LVS using the VIPs.
Could it be that we have misunderstood the concept of LVS?
The CLIENT of LVS can also be the real server inside the LVS also, can't
it?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,
S. Effendi