Re: reccomended NIC

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: reccomended NIC
From: Wiktor Wodecki <wodecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:48:17 +0100
Joseph Mack wrote:
> we don't have any hard data yet. I can't imagine anyone crazy enough to
> sit down with a bucket full of cards and a room full of mobos with
> different chip sets and different kernels and find out the real story any
> time real soon either. I would say that if your setup passes the netpipe
> test, then you are done.

german magazine c't made a test last year with various 10/100/1000 mbit
cards under linux, windows and os/2. I'll look through my archieves if I
find it. I think I could scan some nice graphs so we can watch at them.
AFAIR 3com and SysKonnekt made the race....anyway, I'll take a look and
report you soon.

--

Regards,

Wiktor Wodecki