LVS Stability Kudos

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS Stability Kudos
From: Tyrel Beede <tb90@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:19:37 -0800
About 6 or so months ago the corporation I worked for at the time, and
still have a very close relationship with( the story is I graduated from
high school and went to work there and I ended up kinda running
everything unix related as the my boss didn't know much about the
matter... but then after a year of working I went back to school so now
I kinda just remote manage everything)  has been running a copy of the
LVS which I modified to meet the requirements that they made of the
product.  It was just a few simple in-kernel and ipvsadm mods to support
overflow between servers.  I have also built a web interface to generate
reports which count users through the server and allows management of
the servers over a web interface to the non-unix people can work with
it.  Anyway to make a long story short we have been running with the LVS
in place and everything has been great, no problems to speak of.
I though it was really cool that it had been stable and I wanted to let
the community know about it( if you want to play with it just give me an
email, i didn't want to post a bunch of stuff).  I've also got all the
additional stuff I've written for it, some of which was kinda quick and
dirty, but it gets the job done and from all I can tell seems to be
stable.  Also I was hoping Wensong or somebody out there would like to
discuss adding some more scheduling algorithms, concentrating on the
ones listed under the "To Do" section of the web site.  I'm interested
in if or how we could use the new "stateful" firewalling code in the
linux kernel to implement some kinda fastest response scheduling
algorithm.  Anyways if anybody would like to share ideas about LVS
development I would be more than happy to hear what you have to say...

Thanks, Tyrel