mixed persistent and regular ipvsadm entries

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: mixed persistent and regular ipvsadm entries
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:59:13 -0500
If I setup a 2 real-server VS-DR LVS with persistence,

ipvsadm -A -t $VIP -p -s -rr
ipvsadm -a -t $VIP -R $realserver1 $VS_DR -w 1
ipvsadm -a -t $VIP -R $realserver2 $VS_DR -w 1

as expected I can connect to any service on the
real-servers, always getting the same real-server.

If I now add an entry for telnet to both real-servers,

ipvsadm -A -t $VIP:telnet -s -rr
ipvsadm -a -t $VIP:telnet -R $realserver1 $VS_DR -w 1
ipvsadm -a -t $VIP:telnet -R $realserver2 $VS_DR -w 1

I can telnet to both real-servers in turn as would be
expected for an LVS serving only telnet, but all other
services go to the same first real-server (ie all
but telnet appear persistent).

I take it that the director is persisting all ports
except those that are explicitely set as non-persistent.

I expected that one of these sets of ipvsadm commands would
overwrite the other. It seems that persistent and non-persistent
connections can be made at the same time.

Is this by design and going to stay this way?