Re: ip_vs & NAT

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ip_vs & NAT
From: "John P . Looney" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 11:51:38 +0000
On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 01:03:52AM +0000, Julian Anastasov mentioned:
> >  It works fine. External apps can get to these machines. However,
> > the router and the two machines above can't get to 172.24.51.6:mysql - the
> > connection hangs. Like wise for apache. The machines are all on a switch -
> > not a hub, if that matters.
>       The clients can't run in the director. If they run in NAT-ed
> real servers then they can't work. Only for DR and TUN method you
> can run clients in the real servers but they connect to the local host
> and not to the director.

 So, I can't run monitoring software on the director machine, to connect
to the Virtual Services ?

>       Hm, I don't understand this output. What is the LVS version?

 Version 1.0.5.

> >  That looks like the machines are talking. But, I keep getting "connection
> > refused". Is there something special you need to do when both machines
> > from outside a cluster and inside a cluster have to access HA services ?
>       To run direct routing instead of NAT.

 I tryed this;

    I setup some new virtual IPs, and used directo routing. It didn't work
either - I saw the same problem, where the clients were sending out
traffic, and ipvsadm said that the connections were made, but "inactive".

 Is there any sort of debug mode I can put ip_vs into, so it logs all
connection attempts ?

John

--
 When I say 'free', I mean 'free': free from bond, of chain or command:
to go where you will, even to Mordor, Saruman, if you desire. "