arping patch

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: arping patch
From: Ard van Breemen <ard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:29:11 +0100
Hi,
I sent the attached patch to the maintainer/developer of arping.  But
since it is not a big patch, a new snap shot is not made available yet.
The patch is against the snapshot of november 2000.

It adds the following capability:
arping -b -I eth0 {virtual_ip},
and responds with all hosts that have this ip.
(Allright, now I need something that converts the mac to the primary ip)
If you are using lvs-direct-routing, in a setup that you do not need
arp reply prevention, it is a welcome utility.
Our monitoring software uses it, to determine within 2 seconds if a host
is still up, or if a new host has been added...
--
<Ard van Breemen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Telegraaf Elektronische Media
http://leerquoten.monster.org/ http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html