RE: Coyote Point Load Balancer

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Coyote Point Load Balancer
From: Steve Gonczi <Steve.Gonczi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:58:58 -0500
>This assymmetry in byte throughput turns out not to matter.
>LVS is a
>packet pusher and it's the number of packets that are important.

Coming in, you are absolutely right. You will reach the max packet rate
bottleneck, way before you would saturate the incoming NIC.

I believe that you will saturate the outgoing bandwidth, before you reach
the
incoming max packet rate, unless you do DR. (Assuming you are serving
static web pages. Streaming media, or heavy cgi processing is a different
story).

BTW the link
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/performance/single_real-server
_performance.html appears to be broken.