RE: New to List , have some questions.

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: New to List , have some questions.
From: Jeffrey Watterson <jwatterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:21:19 -0800
Is the rc.lvs.nat script supposed to create a VIP on <lo> of the real
servers?

I run the script < sh -xve rc.lvs.nat >  that was generated on my director
from configure and the script dies and the last output was NEW_VIP_DEVICE=
this after the sections where it looks like it was trying to configure the
VIP on <lo>. and never did.

I am reading through the archives I can see that I will need about a week or
so to plow through these and find what I can. I will try to refrain from
posting. I just can't help thinking I am missing something real obvious. I
do not know why it is complaining about my routes and hops being incorrect
if I followed the setup cart blanche.

Thanks

I am running kernel.org 2.2.18 with corresponding ipvs patch and scripts
from LVS site on top of RH6.2 with all latest applicable errata.

Client IP= 192.168.2.254 (eth0)

DIP= 192.168.1.1 (eth0)
VIP= 192.168.2.110 (eth0:0)

RIP1= 192.168.1.2 (eth0)

RIP2= 192.168.1.3 (eth0)

#lvs_nat.conf

LVS_TYPE=VS_NAT
INITIAL_STATE=on
VIP=eth0:0 192.168.2.110 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.255
DIRECTOR_INSIDEIP=eth0 192.1681.1 192.168.1.0 255.25.255.0 192.168.1.255
DIRECTOR_DEFAULT_GW=192.168.2.154
SERVICE=t telnet rr 192.168.1.2:telnet 192.168.1.3:telnet
SERVER_NET_DEVICE=eth0
SERVER_DEFAULT_GW=192.168.1.1

# End